I’ve been missing in action for over six months and I’m not sure where the time went. While I haven’t been posting for a long time, I’ve been in the background still keeping my spending and net worth spreadsheets up to date. Throughout all the life changes over the past 3 years this blog has been live (and many times neglected), this blog has been a constant. So, long overdue, here is an update on my most recent frugal wins and frugal fails.
5 FRUGAL WINS
- I bought a pair of $205 sunnies and was only $5 out of pocket as I had a $200 gift voucher
- Received dividends from my Vanguard Australian Index fund of $237
- Instead of buying a car or renting cars by the day, I’ve signed up for a car share account. I saved $50 by finding a promo code online so saved on the sign-up fee.
- I went to buy 2 bras from a department store which were on sale with 30% off. Overheard a lady ask for a price match from a competing department store, so looked up the items and got 40% off instead!
- Chatted to a colleague in the lunch room who was into FIRE and had previously taken 6 months and a year off work. It seemed like she had been following FIRE for some time and it was so inspiring listening to how she did it and the incredible opportunities that opened up to her during the 2 sabbaticals.
2 FRUGAL FAILS
- I was renewing passports and thought both needed renewing so got 2 sets of photos. Turns out I only needed one so wasted $18 on unused passport photos.
- I realised that my old dentist had ripped me off all of last year. Had $900 of dentist coverage through my private health cover and my dentist didn’t accept it so I paid everything out of pocket. Expensive and silly lesson learned… now I know for next time.
What are your recent frugal wins and fails?
xx Miss Piggy