5 FRUGAL WINS
- I received quarterly dividends from my Vanguard shares worth $291 AUD. They are automatically reinvested so now I have an additional 4 shares which will in turn produce income.
- I received a free coffee from my local cafe as I had a fully stamped loyalty card.
- Gave a pair of designer shoes away to a friend. I know I could have made money from these by selling them online however I had already been trying to sell them for a year with no luck and also had paid only $50 for them. I prefer to give them away to someone who I cared about and would wear then rather than have them gathering dust in my wardrobe.
- I forgot to do my groceries before Good Friday and as all grocery stores were shut I ended up making a cheap breakfast and lunch from scraping bits and pieces together from the fridge and pantry. My lunch was pretty sad – a base of couscous, 1 roasted red onion, 1 chopped tomato and pesto sauce drizzled over the top – but on the upside, I didn’t spend $20 on take-away (and pay a public holiday surcharge) and now have the confidence that if everything goes belly up I can live on practically nothing and still survive (though I may eventually suffer from malnutrition).
- I realised I have so many skincare and beauty products that are sitting on my shelves gathering dust when I should use them up instead of keeping buying more products to find the ‘perfect’ one. So far, I’ve used up an old body moisturiser and shampoo bar instead of buying more products. As I’m now out of body moisturiser, I’m going to use my hand cream as a substitute instead before I buy another product.
1 FRUGAL FAIL
- I ran out of groceries last week so I spend $11 on a take-away lunch at work on Thursday. While the quality was good, I prefer to pack lunch as the ingredients are better quality, it tastes delicious and the meals are healthier.
Did you learn anything about frugality or frivolity this week? Comment below!
xx Miss Piggy