3 FRUGAL WINS
- I caught the gastro virus mid-week and the benefit of being awfully sick all weekend was staying in all weekend and saving money by not going out.
- Because I had gastro and couldn’t leave the house, I ate through many things in the pantry which had previously been neglected, such as plain crackers and ricer vermicelli noodles. Frugal win!
- In non-gastro related frugal wins, I purchased medication at a discount chemist and saved 50% off compared to my usual pharmacist
2 FRUGAL FAILS
- Because I caught gastro, there was a lot of food wastage. I had to throw away 5 servings of slow cooked Osso Buco and 3 fruit salads I had just made the night I became sick. Better not risk becoming sick again after going through 5 days of bowel hell.
- Before getting gastro, I hadn’t meal prepped properly over the previous week and threw out quite a bit of food which had gone off. This included mushrooms, a punnet of strawberries, a half bag of carrots and an apple.
How frugal was your week? Comment below!
xx Miss Piggy