5 FRUGAL WINS
- Packed lunch almost every day for the past 2 weeks except where there was a team lunch or farewell and we ate out as a team.
- I bought contact lenses and received a $35 health insurance rebate
- I switched my mobile plan to a plan with double the data for the same price
- Rented a bike to practice on and haven’t been charged for usage – parts of bike are broken so assume the infrastructure is broken which is why I haven’t been charged!
- I had a work meeting and free coffee was provided so saved $2.50 on coffee
4 FRUGAL FAILS
- I didn’t pack substantial enough lunches so ended up snacking all day. Need to pack bigger lunches or add in more protein!
- Bought McDonald’s at the airport and forgot that I had snacks in my carry-on and forgot that the plane had food! Wasted $11.
- Had my eyes tested and the optometrist gave me a lower subscription for my contacts. Now I’ve overstocked on contacts which are too low and have to re-purchase my correct prescription.
- Bought ballet flats from Zara which are poor quality but worn so can’t return them
Now to you! What are your frugal wins and fails?
xx Miss Piggy
Cover illustration by Diana Kuksa