This week has been surprisingly costly but mainly because of groceries which is usually my most frugal area. I had some great perks this week like a free 1-hour facial from Lancome and money back from health insurance claims.
FIVE FRUGAL WINS!
- I had a free 1-hour facial from Lancome during my lunch break on Friday and they even did my make-up afterwards!
- I bought contact lenses and received more than 50% back from health insurance.
- I received my Paypal return postage refund of $45. For those who don’t know, if you purchase something online through Paypal and need to return something, they’ll refund up to $45 AUD to cover your return postage.
- I packed breakfast for work everyday and brought lunch 4x this week. The other day was a team lunch at a restaurant.
- Yesterday I made both breakfast and lunch at home. I usually eat out however instead used up some leftovers in the fridge.
TWO FRUGAL FAILS
- I bought a lot of make-up this week. My 50+ SPF sunscreen (which I use everyday instead of foundation), eyebrow pencil and dry shampoo ran out at the same time so they needed to be replaced immediately. I bought the wrong brow colour so had to go back and buy it again.
- I overspent on groceries with the monthly total over $600… eek! Most of these groceries were for just me alone. I’ve been meal-prepping a lot more so have been experimenting with different foods. I haven’t been eating organic food but eating a lot of good quality meats and organic grains which has definitely lead to an increase in costs! I’ve never considered budgeting before but it may be a good time to start!
How was your week? Frugal? Not so frugal?
xx Miss Piggy
Cover illustration by Alex Tang