This week had so many frugal wins! I’ve been in super decluttering and minimising mode so have make some extra pennies from selling old clothes and received my biggest dividend paycheque to date!
EIGHT FRUGAL WINS!
- I received dividends from Vanguard ETF. I reinvested them and increased my shareholding by 2 shares.
- Sold 3 items on eBay for $57 and a number of clothes at a market stall on Saturday and made $130.
- My favourite off the shoulder black top ripped along the seam so I patched it up. Favourite top saved!
- I’ve been meal-prepping my breakfast and lunch regularly and eating a packed lunch at work at least 4 times a week. I’m making a conscious effort to be healthier and switched to a low-carb lifestyle (I don’t believe in diets). I’ve lost 3kg in just under a month from eating healthier, fresher food and my skin is so clear now I don’t wear foundation anymore!
- Everyday I walked to work. The weather is beautiful and crisp in the morning so I’ve spent $0 on public transport this week. Such a beautiful way to start the day!
- I’m starting to replace old pieces I discarded/sold with good quality basics. I bought a cashmere/wool knit jumper, wool blend knit pullover and cashmere turtle neck top for $230. I’ve added this as a frugal win as these pieces will last longer as they’re classic designs and very good quality.
- I started going back to the gym. I didn’t realise how much I missed it until I was there. Ultimate frugal win as I’m actually using my gym membership!
- I bought contacts and saved 30% and received free shipping by using a promotional code.
TWO FRUGAL FAILS 😦
- I didn’t have lunch packed on Tuesday so I bought a salad and stir-fry. Quality was poor but desperate times call for desperate measures.
- It was raining hard on Friday evening so took a taxi home to bring back a clothing rack I borrowed from work for the markets. I waited 40 minutes for a taxi and it cost $20.
What were your frugal wins and fails this week?
xx Miss Piggy
Cover illustration by Lena Ker.