Follow The Earnest Addiction by subscribing at the bottom of the page!
Another week of Frugal Wins and Frugal Fails! This is the second week writing about frugal things and find it’s helping me keep me on track with my spending. More posts = more accountability!
SIX FRUGAL WINS!
- I packed a lunch for work everyday this week from Monday to Friday. For Friday’s lunch I dug around the pantry and fridge for ingredients and found enough to make Vietnamese rice paper rolls with peanut sauce dip.
- I didn’t drink anything this week! Health and money win!
- I cancelled my transaction account overdraft function. I’ve had this for years however had only used it for spending when I didn’t want to take the money out of savings or there was a delay in money being transferred in, causing a hefty $10 fee when in overdraft. Way too much to pay for going into negative balance for a day or two.
- I went shopping after a long day at work. Instead of buying anything, I added the items to my ‘wish list’ and committed to the clothes shopping ban.
- One of the guys at work suggested we buy Nespresso capsules and use the Nespresso machines in the office kitchen instead of going out to get take-away coffee everyday at work. Per cup cost has dropped from $3.50 a coffee to $0.60.
- I went to the dentist for my 6 month regular checkup. Teeth are the only part of your body which doesn’t heal itself if damaged so prevention is the best cure!
TWO FRUGAL FAILS 😦
- My coriander plant died after overwatering so I bought another one. I’m still struggling knowing how much to water the plants and fear that if I can’t handle caring for small plants I’m going to be terrible with pets or kids!
- I broke my make-up shopping ban one week in by buying mascara 😦 I still have mascara at home but the quality is poor and bought another one impulsively. Make-up shopping at Priceline is still my biggest weakness.
What are your frugal wins and fails this week?
xx Miss Piggy
Cover illustration by Jessica Durrant