After discovering a $9300 budget blowout in this year alone, I’ve made great progress this week!
Last weekend I prepared all my food in bulk (total cost was about $200) which made about 3 weeks of lunches and dinner including other fresh groceries.
- Laksa soup (4 servings)
- Chicken and Leek Mini Pies (6 servings at 4 pies per serve)
- Lentil Soup (6 servings)
- Beef mince pasta sauce (4 servings)
- Nacho beef mince sauce for nachos (3 servings)
- Roast pumpkin, chickpea, pine nut, danish feta and spinach salad (3 servings)
I still have a lot of food left over so the $200 bulk grocery shopping has gone a long way!
As I already pre-packaged and frozen all my meals, it was so easy in the morning to quickly grab my lunch from the freezer and go straight to work, without worrying about running late or buying lunch out. This week I took my lunch to work every single day and ate my own pre-made food for dinner almost every day – a big achievement for me and has saved me an incredible amount of money.
This week’s entertainment expenses: Total $38.35 (last week was $137)
- Thursday dinner: McDonald’s burger $8.35
- Saturday morning: Brunch with a friend $30 (paid for both of us)